Saturday, January 14, 2012

Testing

Tomorrow I'm going to do some testing. One of the beauties of a power meter is the ability to accurately test your current fitness level. I'm going to be testing the full range of power,IE: 5 second, 1 minute, 5 minute, and 20 minute. I'm not expecting a lot from the short duration tests. I haven't really been working on any of those durations yet, but who knows.

I'm mainly concerned with the 20 min FTP test, at least that's what I've been focusing on the past month and a half. A big goal for me this season is to raise my FTP higher than ever. I'll be pretty disappointed if it's not headed in that direction.

Hopefully I'm feeling good tomorrow. There's been several times when the numbers didn't come up to what I thought I was capable of, only to re-test a couple of days later and everything was where I wanted it.

No comments:

Post a Comment