Friday, January 6, 2012

Forgotten Projects

There's a few projects that I have going that are on hold...Some have been on hold for years, but what can you do. A man can only have so many hobbies, and riding and racing bikes pretty much takes all of the free time I currently have.


My old beast - 1967 Camaro
 I got my old Camaro back in the mid 80's. My first car. It's been in some form of being "worked on" since then, although it hasn't been touched much in the last 5 years. I did work on it some this past summer - it felt just like old times. I'm not sure when I'll get to start back on this project. Probably if I ever get tired of racing bikes I guess.
 The Bottecchia project has been on hold for about a month. Well, sort of. I've still been gathering up bits and pieces to get it built up, but I haven't done much work on the frame since I got the dropouts and headtube.
 I don't have a frame jig, but since this is a unique one off project, I'm just clamping the frame straight and in place, tacking it, then cut/grind the tubes to fit the dropouts and headtube. I still have to re-locate the brake boss, as it's sitting to low for the wheel.
 My first weld on a bike frame in a few years. Not that good, but acceptable I guess. I got everything mocked up, and it's pretty close to the geometry on my Caad 10.
I did get the wheels built up. They're tubulars. The rims are some old mavics that I've been holding onto for years. The hubs came off some trashed warranty wheels and the tires are some that a customer deemed too worn out. Pretty much junk yard specials, but they'll work real nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment