Monday, January 2, 2012

Livin' the Tulsa dream

Pretty much old news to everyone, but the CX state championship race got moved at the last minute to Tulsa. It was also the last race in the Oklahoma CX Grand Prix series. I wasn't super excited to commute up to Tulsa. My race readiness had been substituted for longer base road miles for the past month, in addition to I didn't really need to go due to I had the race series locked up.
I kicked around a few options and decided to go and do the Pro 1/2 race. I tagged along with Judson on the trip up. I figured since Judson's cat 3 race and my race were the last two of the day, we could drive up, do our races and then hang out a bit for the OKCXGP awards.

The course was really good. The weather had turned cold and windy. I guess the weather and the race moving dampened the enthusiasm of the majority of the local OKC riders, as not many showed up.
I think Judson got 6th or 7th in his race and I got 8th in mine.

I brought my camera. This is the first 15 minutes of my race:
There's 45 minutes worth of the same video on my youtube channel, but it's just me riding around by myself = not very exciting.
I was a little disappointed with the OKCXGP award ceremony after the race (I'll explain in another post), but we had fun and learned a few new and interesting things going on in our local world of cycling.

No comments:

Post a Comment