Thursday, April 2, 2009

OKC Velo April race series #1

It's official: Spring has officially sprung. Yesterday was the first of 4 races in the April race series. As usual in early spring races, there was a huge turnout. We had 23 riders in the cat 123 "A"race. Brady took off from the gun as the field gets ready for some pain.




Rob and me in a short lived break. This was around lap 3, also when we started to catch some of the "B" riders, which caused a lot of havoc in the race.


Evan and Phillip used some B riders as a pick, not necessarily on purpose, and got away from the field. Peter and I chased for a few laps and got very close, but not close enough.



This was around 2-3 laps to go. With all the random riders on the course, it got confusing as to which race was which. Because of that and people dropping chains on the rough course, the chase group was down to 7 riders. 3 were on OKC Velo, so the attacks from them were non-stop.




I won the field sprint giving me a 3rd for the day. All in all, another fun and action packed race. I'm going to try to hit all the races in this series as it's nice to not have to travel 4 hours to go to a bike race, plus the entry fee is only $5!!!!
The infamous Redbud classic is this Saturday, generally a big adventure and a good training ride. There are a couple of races happening on Sunday, but, it's my birthday so I'm gonna stay home and celebrate with my family.
Next race: Wed evening Draper circuit race




No comments:

Post a Comment