Sunday, April 19, 2009

The Good,The Bad,and The Ugly: Firehill Crit

The good: In riding around warming up before the race, we made it a team goal to get 2 riders in the top 5. The Team Undiscovered boys put on a nice race with a sweet payout for the top 5 riders, plus some great cash primes. Not only did we get 2 riders in the top 3, we won all the primes as well.





Racing up the hill early in the cat 3/4 race




Erin getting ready to unleash some power for 3rd place before mixing it up with the 1/2's





The BAD: Brady is officially a bad ass. Here he is soloing in for the win by almost a minute!







Jeremy, Erin, Brady, Clendon, and myself.


The Ugly: My performance at the Firehill Crit. This makes the second year in a row that I've been under the weather. I hate not being able to finish a race and making excuses. I probably shouldn't have raced at all, but I thought somehow if I just started racing, everything would clear itself out of my lungs and sinuses. It felt like breathing through a straw and I only was able to hang on for a few laps and then DNF. I really, really wanted to do the 123 race as most of the top riders from this region were there and I wanted to see if I could hang. Pretty disappointing, but there will be more opportunities coming soon.
Hopefully I can get back on track for the zoo crit on Wednesday.





No comments:

Post a Comment