Thursday, April 16, 2009

April Race Series #3

The third race of this series was a TT. Going into the race, I was tied for 2nd place in the series 4 points behind 1st. With the equipment I was fortunate to borrow, I felt like I had a good chance of possibly moving up in points or distancing myself from 4th on back.
It was not to be due to a bonehead move on my part.

I got to the race and registered in plenty of time. I decided to ride out to the dam to warm up and see how sketchy the crosswind was. As I was coming back to the marina, I didn't see a lot of people riding around. I saw Evan and he told me they were starting up the road almost to the 240. I thought I had time to get one last drink at my truck, and doing so, I ran into B$ who told me I better hurry cause our group started 1st.

At first I thought Iwas ok. Then I started seeing guys coming up the road and I knew I would have been 8th or so in line giving me about 4 minutes. The start line was almost 2 miles away from the marina and by the time I got there, I was anaerobic and over a minute past my start time. Not a good way to start a TT.

I didn't stick around to see any times posted. After I downloaded my ride info, it looked like I did the TT in 24:49 + whatever time I started late = not a top 5. The points going into the last race should be interesting. One positive of all this, I did set a new 2 minute personal power record TTing to the start of the TT and a new 30 minute personal record for both combined!

Last year at the Firehill crit, I got sick the night before. Tuesday night I woke up with a sore throat and felt pretty crappy all day. Last night it seemed to get worse, but I took some ibuprofen and I feel ok for now. Hopefully if I take it real easy the next 2 days I'll be good on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment