Sunday, April 29, 2012

Joe Martin stage race day 3

There's a lot of down time at a race like this. Basically all we do is ride, eat, or lay around, which is what we're doing now. The race yesterday went good I guess.  It's pretty much becoming a race of attrition.  We lost quite a few riders, so at the start of the race there were 111 riders registered, and it's down to 75 today. The sprint finish yesterday was pretty hairy. I was in a decent position 3 times, but I kept getting swarmed and shuffled backwards. The last time looked really good. I had a ton of momentum, and would have finished top 10 for sure, but my alley way I was trying to shoot through closed up and I had to hit the brakes. I ended up 23rd.  I'm pretty happy to survive another day. Rob finished in the main field with the same time, and Brian dnf'ed. Rob and I both moved up in the overall GC. I'm sitting in 55th as of now.  Our crit goes off at 3:30 later today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment