Thursday, October 29, 2009

Double Crossed Race Purcell

The third event this season was a Saturday night and Sunday afternoon race in Prucell, aka double crossed. I only raced the Sunday race and I'm glad I did because the course was tough!
It seems like it's taken me a couple of days to recover from each of the races I've done so far this year, so I can't even imagine going two days in a row. The Purcell course was especially tough in that there were three sections where you had to dismount, and no where really to recover. Lots of climbing and technical tight corners.

Another fast start. There were 3 or 4 super fast guys that came up from Texas that ended up getting the top two spots. Paul Bonds ended up getting the best finish of both days combined getting the $100 bonus.

I think this was the first lap. The laps were pretty short taking somewhere around 4 minutes to complete. The guy behind me (Jonathan Sundt) races for Kelly Benefits. He sat in for the first lap or so then just pretty much smoked everybody. I ended up getting lapped twice.



Still pretty early into the race. That brown spot about 10 yards behind up is where a groundhog kept popping up and going back down when people would come past.


I finished 13th overall,which I'm not too happy about. I thought I would be improving somewhat as the season went along, but it seems like I'm doing about the same each week. Cross racing is very painful yet a lot of fun at the same time. I'm definitely having fun, but I was hoping for better results. There is another race this weekend in Tulsa. I'll probably go but I may do the masters race this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment