Saturday, October 10, 2009

Cyclocross starts tomorrow!

Fall is definitely here. What I like most about Fall is the cooler weather, scenic colors, football, and CYCLOCROSS! The first race of the year is tomorrow at the Kids lake park just east of lake Hefner. The conditions should be perfect for a classic style cross race. The muddier the better.
Practicing at my practice loop. I'm going to try something a little different this year in that I've been riding the CX bike only once or twice a week at the most and doing very little running. Most of my riding has been on the road bike doing short cross style intervals and just general cooler rain rides on the commuter bike.


Charles and I mixing it up at one of the Will Rogers park races last year. My cross season last year was kind of weird. I started training pretty hard right after the Tour of Kansas City race in the 2nd week of August. I was already burned out a little from doing a ton of road races, then by the time the cross races started to happen, I had lost a lot of enthusiasm.


I'm pretty stoked to race tomorrow. My fitness overall is higher than it ever has been at the start of the cross season, but I know tomorrow night I'm going to be very sore due to not doing much running preparation. I figure this year since there are so many races scheaduled, I'll train through the first few races and try to get faster as the season goes along, then hopefully, I'll be peaking in late November for the state championship race.



No comments:

Post a Comment