Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Warr Acres Sanitation Superintentendent: Your Cans must go!

Last week after the trash men picked up the trash, I found this tag attached to one of the cans-
It quickly became apparent my trash cans had made their last appearance in Warr Acres

Dear Resident:
This can has been condemned because its condition presents a health and/or safety hazard to the City of Warr Acres and sanitation employees. Ordinance 8.08.060 states that "Every resident, owner or rental agent in the City of Warr Acres shall provide a metal or other satisfactory weather proof container for the disposal of garbage and refuse in the City of Warr Acres, said container to be not more than forty (40) gallons in size...said cans shall be equipped and maintained with tight lids and with handles on the sides of the cans"
We would appreciate the prompt replacement of this can. if you have any questions, please contact the Sanitation Dept. at 491-6474.
Thank you
Sanitation Superintendent



The ratty trash cans in question........

Note the halfway blown out bottom end.................

Definitely no lids or handles on this bad boy..............
I've had these trash cans for over 10 years now. They were actually here when I first moved into my house. I wonder if I can fill them up 1 more time and put a note on them that says "Please take the whole thing"



1 comment:

  1. Dude! We've got these big ol' black deals with wheels, flip-top lids and handles round my way. The house opposite me is up for sale and will probably be vacant soon - so keep an eye out and grab yerself some bargain bins!!!

    ReplyDelete