Friday, August 21, 2009

Tandemania !

So we've got a few rides in so far on the tandem. A lot of people say a tandem can cause marital problems, or fighting amongst the couples who ride them. I guess it just depends on the folks who are riding them. Coatney and I love riding them. We borrowed one of Gil and Helene's tandems a few years ago and really enjoyed it. We've been on a mission ever since to find one we could afford and one that was actually tall enough in the back that would fit Coatney as me and her are about the same height.

My buddy Eldon sold us his Burley. It's 4130 cro-mo, from the mid 90's or so. It's nice and ride able right now, but I'm gonna make a few upgrades this winter.


I gave the bike a little tune up, swapped the pedals and Coatney's saddle, removed the rear rack and put the hitch on for Chloe's trailer.


Pulling the trailer is a lot easier with a tandem than a single bike. The bike is very stable. Some tandems tend to twist and flex giving you an uneasy feeling and unable to take self portraits such as this:


Chloe likes the tandem a lot better as well. She likes to be able to see mom and dad at the same time all the time!








1 comment: