Monday, March 16, 2009

Hells Kitchen Arkansas

So the road race this past weekend was in hogeye which is just west of Fayetteville AR. I think this was my 4th time to do this race. The course is a pretty cool 20 mile loop with plenty of scenic terrain , one big hill, and one very big hill. Quite steep and painful.
This years race unfolded almost like a carbon copy of last year. By our last lap (we did 3) about half of the riders had been dropped or quit. There were 5 riders strung out off the front when we hit the big Hells Kitchen climb the last time. The main field split up into 3 sub-groups of 8 or 9 riders. I finished in the second group, probably about 15th-17th overall.
My teammate Brady rode a good smart race and finished 7th. My legs are definitely still felling the hills today. This week is a recovery week. I'll do some testing this weekend and then the NWA Classic road race is the following weekend on the 29th.

No comments:

Post a Comment