Tuesday, October 9, 2012

OC Criss Cross 2012

Well, the first race of the CX season is a done deal. My race team (Team Undiscovered) put the race on. The course was pretty good. Actually, I thought it was really good. It had a little bit of everything I guess you could say, plus minimal dismounting.  Anyway the weather was cold. I decided to do the Pro 1/2 race instead of the masters race. I guess this year I want to focus primarily on the harder races. I think that gives you the most opportunity for improvement. I might double dip the next few local races and do both races if they're separated a little, but for the most part I think I'm gonna do the 1/2 races.

We got our new black CX skinsuits. I think they look  pretty tough.
.

There were only 9 riders in the 1/2 field and I ended up 5th. My bike set-up felt pretty good. I think my pacing needs work. I started too fast, well, at least a little too fast for me. It robs a lot of overall time if you ride too much outside of yourself. I eventually settled in and had a nice epic last lap battle and had to sprint for the 5th spot.

Rob made a video of our race. It really got pretty strung out. That's me sprinting it out at the end.


Here's a video from Rob's bike of the cat 3 race. Gives you a nice feel of the course.


The next race is this weekend near downtown OKC, then the infamous Ruts n' Guts in Tulsa.

No comments:

Post a Comment