Monday, May 14, 2012

2012 OKC TT series wrap up

After the first 2 races, I wasn't sure how the whole thing would end up. I guess a lot of it depended on who showed up for the final race.

First round results
I got 4th in the first race, but the top 5 or 6 spots were all somewhat close. The series is a best 2 combined of 3 time trial. In the 2nd race, Jeremy Miller, Brandon Mellott and myself were the only guys in the 123 category to show up. I ended up having the fastest time of the day by 1 second over Jeremy.

So, going into the final event, all of the top 6 guys would be there except Jeremy. I knew Will Gault was pretty much out of reach, but just maybe, if I could take 5 seconds off my first time of 16:44, I would pass Jeremy and be right there with Cailean.

Final results
As luck would have it, I ran a 16:36 and Cailean went a little slower with a 16:45, so that ended up getting me 2nd overall in the series!


Power data from race number 3
Speed wise, this was my best time trial ever on this course. I'm really happy about it considering I don't feel like I'm 100% quite yet after being sick. I learned a little trick on Thursday. Well, it works for me, but I went out to Lake Hefner on my TT bike to get a Strava run in, and see how my lungs would handle a TT effort before the weekend. I decided to try a lower cadence to hopefully work my legs more and my lungs less. It ended up working well as I beat my previous best by over a minute. I think the fitness gained from the Joe Martin week and the hard two weeks before that have a lot to do with everything as well.



1 comment:

  1. Great stuff Mr. Joey especially weighing in at only 151 pounds!!!

    ReplyDelete