Saturday, May 15, 2010

OKC TT Series and other random stuff

The last of the OKC Velo series went off today. It was a little wet out, but the winds were light. With the good conditions and my legs feeling 100% after being tired most of the week, I thought I had a good shot at a fast time. I had planned on using Big John's wheels, but once again, his start time was too close to mine so his wheels were unavailable. Les Akins had an extra set of wheels that he was willing to let me use. I gladly accepted his offer and it made all the difference(thanks Les!)
My bike with Big Johns wheels. Les had a zipp disc rear with a Hed 90mm front.
I set a new personal best with a 17:34. Good enough for 2nd on the day and 2nd overall for the series in the mens cat 123 class!
I've got a few other photos I never got a chance to post on here. This is in Ardmore OK on our way to the Matrix crit in Dallas.
Hanging out in the shop. Andy is wearing a suit, but was moving too fast to be in focus. Andy tried out his new TT bike today and first time out ran a 17:49! Off in the background is Marty who dominated the Eddy Merckx class with a 1st place overall.
One of many snow rides this past winter on the cyclocross bike. Lake Hefner
On the way to a foggy Mt. Scott with the team in February
My cyclocross bike on top of Mt. Scott. This was my do it all bike this winter.
Jeremy and Judson on our last time up the mountain.

Looking down after the fog lifted up a little.

Brandon with a genuine smile after getting his surprise wedding gift in the mail. Super sweet custom BOB trailer wheel w/Chris King hub.

No comments:

Post a Comment