Saturday, April 14, 2018

2018 updates and such...

Wow, I guess it's been over 2 years since I've added anything on here. Sorry about that. I've been mainly focused on my YouTube stuff for the most part, but let's do an update.

I've been working on building another bike frame. I guess I started it last summer, and the goal was to have it finished by the fall of 2017, but obviously that didn't happen.

Super sweet frame tubing kit!
The plan was for a bike that would essentially be like an adult sized version of my first BMX bike. Something to ride around the local mountain bike trails - pump track, or just cruise around the neighborhood with my kids. I actually found my first bike when I was planning out this build, and made a video about it...


Fast forward to today, I've got a frame and a fork built. I'm going to take the new frameset, and the old webco to get painted next week. I didn't get to build the new frame exactly as I had had envisioned, mainly because I had to rush the completion somewhat, but I still think it's going to be a really fun bike to ride and stuff.

The main reason I had to rush it along was the other latest big news...

We're moving!!

Yes we're moving to Colorado. Coatney was accepted to graduate school in Denver, so we're relocating in June of 2018. The past several months have been pretty crazy. A combination of getting our house ready to sell, selling it, finding a place to live, finding room for all our "stuff", getting rid of a lot of it, and finding a new job. So far, everything seems to be falling in place day by day. 

I'll try real hard to update this as it's all going down. If you're interested in the build up of my frame project, I have a playlist series on YouTube...


Otherwise, until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment