Saturday, March 9, 2013

Salt Creek Criterium 2013

The race today went pretty good I guess. Overall on the day, the team did very well, a couple of wins and lots of podiums.
This is just a quick report on the P 1/2 race because that's the one I was involved in. The weather forecast was something like an 80% chance of thunderstorms at noon, which is when our race started. I guess we dodged a bullet because it may have sprinkled a little towards the end of the race, but that's about it.
This race is kind of like a broken record in that it always runs pretty similar. The strongest team (Tulsa Tough) also had the biggest numbers, so we knew the race would be hard. I got into an early break with Levi Baker (Park Place) Jacob White (Tulsa Tough) and Ryan Gabriel (Tulsa Tough). We stayed away for somewhere between 35 and 45 minutes, but it was all for nothing. Well maybe not all for nothing, but the Tulsa Tough guys were not really willing to work effectively in the break. I don't blame them, they raced smart and in the end it worked out well for them, but I used up a lot of energy.

Anyway, Ryan Gabriel got away from us, and we got caught a little while later. Rob ended up getting in a good move and stuck it to the end. Rob ended up 3rd and I worked my way through the field at the end to get 7th. I'm kind of disappointed, but in a way I'm not. The team worked pretty well together today, and I think considering the strength of the field, we did pretty good.

The race tomorrow is going to be and early one + with daylight savings, it may be a little rough. I'm trying to calculate the actual time I have to get up and the time that it's going to really feel like, and it's not looking good.

Salt Creek criterium results 2013
Double click image to enlarge.




No comments:

Post a Comment