Wednesday, September 5, 2012

CX season starts today!

So I guess today was the official first practice night of the year at the Will Rogers park. The weather was a little hot, but it was still fun. It's amazing how rusty your CX skills get after you haven't done it in several months. I got a new bike to race and ride this year. I decided to sell my other 2 bikes, and get 1 really nice bike. It's a Cannondale Super X. It's pretty light and rides really sweet. Today was the first time I really got to ride it, and so far, I like it a lot.

I didn't go too hard in the practice race. I went hard for 2 or 3 laps, then took it easy, then finished hard with another 2 or 3 fast laps. I did a few little repeats through the 180 switchbacks and dismount section, but I tried not to do the run up and hill climb sections too many times. The first time of the season I run a lot has a tendency to give me some pretty good muscle soreness for several days, and I'm trying to stay somewhat fresh or maybe "not all beat up" would be a better way to put it, for the state TT race this weekend.

There's state championship races for the next 3 weekends actually. The individual TT is first, then the category based road race, and finally the age based road race. There's a weekend off and then it's pretty much cyclocross season after that.

I've been thinking about the route I usually take on my commute to work every day, and I think I'm going to try something a little different this month.I'm going to take a different route to work every day, both ways, to and from work, through the month of September. There's something kind of cool in going down a road that you've never been on in a town that you've lived your whole life in. I like taking different ways  now and again, and it's always some kind of adventure, but I never do it enough.

Anyway, if you're interested in seeing the routes, click on the Strava link on the right side of this page and you can enlarge it to see my route for the day. I may ride extra before my commute starts, but the points between work and home will hopefully be at least 75% roads I've never taken before, and never the same as any other day this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment