Monday, July 16, 2012

Big miles July progress and the after work crit

 I guess the "Big Miles July" program is going ok. I got quite a few miles the first week. Probably more than what I was prepared for, but with the 4th of July being an epic riding day, I couldn't pass it up. I got 117 miles on the 4th, and another 100 miles + on Saturday, the first of 4 strava early risers challenge rides.
The early risers ride is perfect for getting a lot of miles in during the summer. The whole strava thing adds a pretty interesting mix to the ride as well.

I throttled back a little last week because for 1, I was pretty tired and 2, the Wednesday after work crit was this week. I wasn't sure how the race was going to go because even after taking Monday and Tuesday easy, there was still quite a bit of fatigue in my legs. In the end it worked out good as after doing tons of these mid week practice crits, I've never actually won one. So anyway, I got the win on this one. I got into a break with Aaron Highfil and Matt Jones and we kept it rolling pretty good. With about 10 minutes to go, it quickly became apparent that we were going to lap the field. At first I didn't want to, thinking it wound add another dimension to the finish and screw things up somehow. Rob pretty much set it up perfect, and I got into the last corners first with lots of momentum, and I was able to win the field sprint from there.

WKO+ data   Sorry for the weird effect, it's an actual screen shot



PMC chart - after  the summer break, it only took 2 weeks to get my CTL back over 100


This is the cabin we stayed at in Eureka Springs


It doesn't look that steep, but this is the driveway at the cabin. I would guess it's between 150-200 meters long. According  to my phone. it's a 101 ft climb. The average grade is 16.7 %, with the steepest part being  31%.

No comments:

Post a Comment